Yoga is a spiritual, physical, and mental process. Its poses and postures help us heal. Yoga is an Indian art form — that is being practiced by individuals all over the world today. It helps us all lead a healthy lifestyle.
Now Yoga is principally performed for flexibility and core strength. But, it also helps us calm our mind — through meditation and breathing exercises.
But did you know that Yoga can boost your cardiovascular health as well?
Although exercises get your heart rate pumping, you still need to manage your stress levels.
And the postures in Yoga can assuredly help you relax your body and mind.
So, we have listed some basic and easy Yoga Asanas for you to improve your heart health:
Extended Triangle Pose:
- Stand on the mat with feet wide apart. Slightly turn your right foot outwards and left foot inwards.
- Place your hands on your waist and bend — slowly try to bring your right hip closer to your right leg without turning your torso.
- Try to lower your right arm towards the floor and left arm towards the ceiling.
- Try to look towards the ceiling.
- Now hold the pose for 30 seconds. Keep inhaling and exhaling.
- Rest for 10 seconds and repeat.
Seated Forward Bend Pose:
- Sit and stretch out your legs.
- Raise your arms upwards, and stretch your hand.
- Slowly bend forward and bring your head closer to your knees.
- Reach and try to hold your toes or ankles.
- Relax your upper body, take deep breaths.
- Keep stretching your legs.
- Rest for a few seconds and repeat.
Half Spinal Twist Pose:
- Sit with legs extended.
- Bend your knees and lower your right knee on the mat — bring your right foot towards your left hip.
- Try to pull your left ankle closer to your right knee.
- Secure your hips on the mat and raise your left arm.
- Move your arm back and rest your palm behind.
- Now, raise your right arm and lower it towards the left thigh. Try to twist your body to face the left.
- Hold for a minute.
- Start again carefully.
Cow Face Pose:
- Sit with legs stretched.
- Fold your right leg under your left leg, and place your right foot closer to your left hip.
- Fold the left leg and try to put your left foot closer to the right hip.
- Move your left arm behind your back and bend your elbow. Try to reach your hands towards your shoulders.
- Raise your right arm over your head and bend your elbows.
- Now, interlock your fingers.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Rest for a while and repeat.
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your knees and place your feet firmly on the mat.
- Bring your heels closer to your hips.
- Place your arms by your sides, palms facing down.
- Touch your heels with the tips of your fingers.
- Raise your hips. Your back should be off the mat.
- Bring your collar bone closer to your face.
- Keep your head on the mat.
- To support your back, place your palms on your back — right above your waist.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
- Repeat twice.
Shoulder Stand Pose:
- Lie on your back with palms facing down.
- Bend your knees and lift your back off the mat. Support your back with your hands.
- Stance your elbows on the ground and move your hands up your back (closer to your chest).
- Straighten your legs and flex your feet.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat.
Head to Knee Pose:
- Sit with legs extended.
- Bend your right leg — to let your right foot rest on the inner thigh of your left leg.
- Extend both arms towards the left foot and keep your left leg clung to the ground.
- Lower your forehead towards your leg and stretch while breathing.
- Relax for a while and repeat.
Supine Spinal Twist Pose:
- Lie on your back and try to stretch your right knee across your chest.
- Extend your right arm and take deep breathes.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Kneel on the floor and sit on your feet.
- Separate your knees wide.
- Lay your torso between your thighs and extend your arms forward.
- Relax and repeat.
- Lie on your back with your arms and legs all stretched out. Your palms should be facing upwards.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing process.
And if you require any further help on how you can incorporate such healthy habits into your lifestyle — Corrielus Cardiology is here to help.
Get in touch with us today.